Why E-Commerce MicroMasters?
Ecommerce business is growing exponentially and at the same time the number of professionals who are interested in e-commerce courses is getting higher and higher. In this track you will learn how to understand classic e-commerce ideas, and cover all angels of e-commerce policies, operate practices, and resolve disputes.
Who is this program for?
This Micromasters program covers everything you need to know about e-commerce business, if you are:
- Choose the right product to sell.
- Make sure you are able to sell it.
- Decide the right platform to use.
- Creating product roadmaps.
- Taking products from initial. concept through user research, co-creation, and rapid prototyping.
- Agile and lean management practices for creating software and digital products.
- Social media and market testing methods.
- Applying perspective from best practices in platform based strategies.
- optimization Product line planning and road mapping alternatives.
- Idea generation, customer needs assessment, co-creation, definition, and validation of minimal viable product (MVP) and allied set up of requirement documents.
- Alternative approaches for lean, agile and waterfall development, along with the tools for assessing task, project and business risks (and risk mitigation strategies) at scrums or at stage gates.
- How to launch a product and create a go-to-market strategy to champion your product.
- Performance Management: how to take ownership of product related profit (or loss) over various life cycle stages; how to track and optimize system performance metrics while organizing social media and third-party data towards performance.
- How to successfully launch and design a business platform.
- Why platform firms beat product firms and how the structure of platform firms is fundamentally different.
- Why traditional platform pricing models fail and how to choose a successful pricing model.
- How to compete in winner-take-all network markets.
- What is happening in the economy? Why platform firms are fundamentally different from product firms.
- Components of and design principles of successful platforms.
- Strategies for solving the chicken-or-egg problem and how to gain critical mass.
- Why pricing is different in platform markets and how to choose price.
- How Steve Jobs got it, wrong the 1st time. How to choose what to give away and what to keep.
- Why product strategies fail for platforms and how to compete in a network market.
- How to develop a social media marketing strategy.
- How to develop and deliver content that engages consumers and is strategically integrated across platforms.
- How to measure the effectiveness of social efforts.
- How social media can be used to listen to consumers, monitor their behavior, and engage them in the co-creation of products and services.
- How to manage social media.
- Leveraging Networks.
- Creating Engaging Content.
- Social Media Listening and Co-Creation.
- Assessing Social Media ROI.
- What is E-commerce logistics?
- Impact of E-commerce logistics on customers.
- E-commerce logistical process.
- Challenges of E-commerce logistics.
- Introduction to the courier industry.
- Conceptual understanding of the various processes involved in Courier operations.
- Knowledge of Courier business, Courier segment, and Types of Courier Services.
- Process Involved in courier operation like – Preparation before delivery, preparation for delivery of the shipment, Performing delivery, and Post-delivery activities.
- Precautions, steps to be taken in case of accident, missing shipment, Delivery not done, etc.
- Financial Inclusion.
- Trust Building.
- Alternative Financing Options for Businesses.
- Better behind-the-scenes payments.
- APIs shape the future.
- KYC, Refund, and more challenges.
Key Programme Takeaways
Your Learning Journey
The first week is orientation week. During this week you will be introduced to the other participants in the class from across the world and you will learn about the track details, materials, assignments, and final project.
On other weeks, you have learning goals set for the week. The goals would include the online interactive lectures and completing the assignments. All assignments need to be submitted within one week.
The programme features weekly live online sessions with industry practitioners who are available to help you clarify your doubts pertaining to the content. Assignments are graded by the program faculty.
Discussion boards are an integral part of each module and provide a forum where participants can interact, share ideas, and ask questions.
Live webinars with Everest Business School provide opportunity for additional instruction as well as Q&A sessions for the group.
The Programme Support team will follow up over emails and phone calls with learners who are unable to submit their assignments on time or have any other concerns during the learning journey till sending the MicroMasters’ final grade.