Human Resources Management
Why Human Resources Management MicroMasters?
Management is everything. This program helps with the foundation of developing the human capital by introducing the importance of the legal context and thinking about what motivates employees. This will help you with developing critical HRM skills, hiring process, managing performance appraisals, and rewarding employees.
You’ll walk away from this Micromasters program with a better understanding of the various angles of managing employees, motivating people, fair compensation, and benefits structure.
Who is this program for?
This MicroMasters program will help you master the human resources strategy and effectively improve the HR department. It is designed for:
- Alternative Approaches to Managing Human Resources.
- What Makes Employees Work? Money, Of Course!
- What Makes Employees Work Revisited…Non-Monetary Motivations.
- The People Manager as Part of a Complex System.
- Aligning Recruitment and Selection with Company Strategy.
- Recruitment: Finding the Best Candidates.
- Selection: Choosing the Best Candidates.
- Special Topic: Onboarding.
- Getting started – developing performance systems.
- Implementing performance management systems.
- Tools for effective performance management.
- Pay Determination.
- Pay for Performance.
- Benefits and Compliance.
- Non-Monetary Rewards.
- Remote Work Best Practices.
- Managing Remote Teams.
- Remote Adaptation Processes for Organizations.
- Culture and Values for Distributed Teams.
- Becoming a Visionary Leader.
- Aligning Rewards and Behavior.
- The Talent Pipeline.
- Developing and Coaching Your People.
- Creating and Building a Robust Talent Pipeline.
- Influencing People Without Relying on Formal Authority.
- Social and Emotional Conditions of Learning and Student Development.
- Productive Struggle in Learning and Quantitative Psychology.
- Foundation of happiness at work.
- Mindfulness and Resilience to Stress at Work.
- Empathy and Emotional Intelligence at Work.
- What digital transformation is.
- What the HR digital transformation is.
- How the world of work has transformed?
- What success means.
- The end of the social contract, corporate loyalty, and liquid workforce.
- The end of command and control.
- The emerging systems driving organizational success.
- The digital & the workplace.
- How HR Technology has developed.
- The dangers of getting it wrong.
- How to reimagine HR.
- The emerging HR operating model.
- The HR Value Chain.
- What we need to transform.
- Tips for getting digitally savvy.
- Tips for using analytics.
- The 6 stages of digital transformation.
- The agile approach to digital solutions.
- Tools and techniques to apply.
- The HR Technology strategy.
- Tips for your roadmap.
- Case study: How to transform into a rapidly changing market?
- The Galbraith’s STAR Model checklist.
- The 8-box model.
- Digital transformation stages.
- How are these stages reflected in practice?
Case Study: Digital Transformation in.
Key Programme Takeaways
Your Learning Journey
The first week is orientation week. During this week you will be introduced to the other participants in the class from across the world and you will learn about the track details, materials, assignments, and final project.
On other weeks, you have learning goals set for the week. The goals would include the online interactive lectures and completing the assignments. All assignments need to be submitted within one week.
The programme features weekly live online sessions with industry practitioners who are available to help you clarify your doubts pertaining to the content. Assignments are graded by the program faculty.
Discussion boards are an integral part of each module and provide a forum where participants can interact, share ideas, and ask questions.
Live webinars with Everest Business School provide opportunity for additional instruction as well as Q&A sessions for the group.
The Programme Support team will follow up over emails and phone calls with learners who are unable to submit their assignments on time or have any other concerns during the learning journey till sending the MicroMasters’ final grade.