Why Integrative Nursing MicroMasters?
This MicroMasters is designed for nurses seeking to practice in a different way – nurses who value whole-person care and know that the essence of nursing practice is truly caring and healing.
Who is this program for?
- This course provides the nurses of tomorrow with fundamental knowledge of issues surrounding the actual work on patients. As important as patient care is, every nurse needs to be equipped with some theoretical background knowledge too. Nurses will study the qualities, roles, and types of nursing.
- Ethics and Legalities in Nursing Practice will be covered as well.
- Acute coronary syndrome.
- Heart failure.
- Cardiogenic shock.
- Cardiac tamponade.
- Pulmonary embolism.
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).
- Pulmonary edema.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Hyperglycemic, hyperosmolar syndrome.
- Thyroid storm.
- Adrenal insufficiency.
- Acute renal failure.
- Chronic renal failure.
- Drug-induced nephrotoxicity.
- Renal stones.
- Transient ischemic attacks.
- Intracranial bleed.
- Increased intracranial pressure.
- Discuss preceptor roles and responsibilities.
- Identify methods to assess learner needs and styles.
- Design effective clinical teaching and clinical learning experiences.
- Facilitate students’ critical thinking and clinical decision making.
- Discuss legal issues applicable to precepting student nurses.
- Apply principles of effective communication and conflict resolution to the clinical learning experience.
- Apply principles of diversity and inclusivity in the role of clinical preceptor.
- Personality Traits of Nursing.
- Nursing Scope of Practices and Delegation.
- Five Rights of Nursing Delegation.
- Management of Care.
- Management & Treatment of Vascular Ulcers.
- Ostomy Care.
- Support Surfaces.
- Wound Rounds & Assessment.
- Prevention of Re-hospitalizations.
- And 10 other topics written and presented by wound care physicians!
- Early infant diagnosis.
- Pediatric HIV case identification.
- Care and treatment of children infected with HIV.
- Care of adolescents infected with HIV.
- Pediatric tuberculosis and opportunistic infections.
- Psychosocial support and care.
- Adherence and retention.
- Discover the psychological and biological roots of empathy, trust, and cooperation.
- Understand how the skills of emotional and social intelligence support organizational happiness and productivity.
- Develop research-based strategies for strengthening empathy and resolving conflicts constructively.
- Learn how to lead with social intelligence.
- Managing stress.
Key Programme Takeaways
Your Learning Journey
The first week is orientation week. During this week you will be introduced to the other participants in the class from across the world and you will learn about the track details, materials, assignments, and final project.
On other weeks, you have learning goals set for the week. The goals would include the online interactive lectures and completing the assignments. All assignments need to be submitted within one week.
The programme features weekly live online sessions with industry practitioners who are available to help you clarify your doubts pertaining to the content. Assignments are graded by the program faculty.
Discussion boards are an integral part of each module and provide a forum where participants can interact, share ideas, and ask questions.
Live webinars with Everest Business School provide opportunity for additional instruction as well as Q&A sessions for the group.
The Programme Support team will follow up over emails and phone calls with learners who are unable to submit their assignments on time or have any other concerns during the learning journey till sending the MicroMasters’ final grade.